Bacon-Infused Scotch!?! (Girl + Fire = Food)
Wow – So Girl + Fire.com finally came to the light! Congrats! Although I would recommend a milder flavor scotch – just so don’t mix and match some already smoky-flavored scotch with the bacon flavor. Good stuff.
3-4 strips fatty bacon
1 tablespoon freshly rendered bacon fat
1 bottle of scotch
1. Fry up the bacon. Save a tablespoon of bacon fat. Eat the bacon. (If 3-4 strips doesn’t give you a full tablespoon, fry some more!)
2. Pour the scotch into a clean, wide-mouth container. You don’t want to put the bacon fat in the alcohol’s original bottle because some might get stuck in there, which leads to floating fat globules and that’s not pretty.
3. Let the mixture marinate overnight.
4. The next morning, stash the mixture in the freezer. Scotch doesn’t freeze, but the fat will. After a few hours, the fat will be solid, making it very easy to fish out. Even easier if you used a wide-mouth container.
5. Strain the alcohol back into its original bottle.
Your scotch is now ready to drink. Mmm.
We Love BaconScotch!