Baked Tortellini with Bacon
Thursday, March 3, 2011 Review by judywrites
Here you go – tortellini, cheese and bacon. Sounds pretty good to me and is quick and easy.
- 4 slices bacon, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small white onion, diced medium
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
- Heat broiler, with rack in top position. In a medium saucepan, cook bacon over medium until browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel to drain. Add onion and garlic to pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft, about 8 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Slowly add milk, whisking constantly. Add tortellini and bring to a boil over medium-high, stirring occasionally. Reduce to a simmer; cook, stirring often, until liquid has thickened, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in bacon and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Transfer to a 2-quart broilerproof baking dish and top with 1/4 cup Parmesan. Broil until top is golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Baked Tortellini with Bacon – Martha Stewart Recipes