Bacon, Cheese and Crab….Yum!
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 Review by judywrites
A tasty crabmeat appetizer recipe with bacon and cheese and ready to serve in less than 10 minutes!
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 can (6 1/2 ounces) crabmeat, picked over and flaked
- 20 bread rounds, toasted, buttered
- 3 strips bacon, diced, slightly cooked and drained
- pimiento stuffed green olives, sliced
Beat egg whites until stiff; fold in cheese and crabmeat. Pile crab mixture onto the buttered toast rounds. Sprinkle diced bacon over top of rounds. Place rounds on a baking sheet; broil until cheese begins to melt and bacon is crisp. Top each round with a slice of olive. Makes 20 crab appetizers.
Thanks to Diana Rattray ~ About.com Southern Food for this great appetizer idea!