Bacon Crusted Pork Tenderloin! Yummy!
VIA: Chefdruck: http://www.chefdruck.com/2010/10/bacon-crusted-pork-tenderloin-to-woo.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ChefdruckMusings+%28Chefdruck+Musings%29
Serves 4 to 6
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
2 1 pound pork tenderloins
1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs
6 strips of bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 shallots, chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, begin sauteing the bacon. 30 seconds later, once the bacon has rendered a little fat, add the shallots. Saute until the shallots are soft and the bacon is lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and toss in the bread crumbs, stirring thoroughly to absorb all the decadent bacon grease.
- Roll the tenderloins in the seasoned bread crumbs, one at a time. Place them side by side in a large Pyrex pan. Scrape the remaining breadcrumbs on top.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes, until an internal meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Begin testing at 20 minutes to make sure you don’t overcook the tenderloin. There are few things more dry and chewy than an overcooked pork tenderloin.
- Slice and serve, generously spooning the toasted bread crumbs on top.
We Love BaconScotch!