Chicken Thighs with Bacon in Riesling
Friday, June 10, 2011 Review by Brian
This almost looks like a curry dish!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 3 slices of thick-cut bacon, diced
- 2 medium leeks, chopped, washed and patted dry
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium Spanish onion, diced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. each salt and pepper
- 3 ½ cups ( 1-750 ml bottle) white wine, preferably Riesling
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup crème fraiche or sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken on a plate, sprinkle with flour then shake off excess.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-bottom saucepan or Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until browned and crispy, about 4-5 minutes. Add chicken and brown on all sides, then remove the bacon and chicken from the pan to a plate.
- Add the leeks, carrots and onion to the saucepan, turn heat to medium and cook vegetables, stirring often, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Return the chicken pieces and the bacon to the pan with the vegetables. Add the thyme, salt, pepper, wine and broth. Stir gently to combine, cover and transfer to the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and stir in the crème fraiche to the chicken mixture to combine and create a thick sauce. Serve over white rice.
We Love BaconScotch!