Clams Casino: Bacon & Veggie Clams…?
I’m not going to go too far into this one, because it’s better explained at: www.FoodNetwork.com; but wow – what a great combination! They recommend washing these down with crappy “une bouteille de champagne” – I bet they would rinse down waaaaaaaaaaay better with some SCOTCH. : )
Original Post (and a great one) VIA: http://saltcityspice.blogspot.com/2011/01/clams-food-adventures-week-2.html
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces sliced pancetta or bacon, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 18 medium (2 1/2-inch) littleneck clams, shucked, bottom shells reserved
Cooking Directions, visit: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/clams-casino-recipe/index.html
We Love BaconScotch!