Bacon and Shrimp Salad
Summertime – hot nights and cool dinners. This one is quick, easy and sounds wonderful! Now, personally, I would add another piece of two of bacon to be crumbled over the salad.
- 2 slices center-cut bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 5 cups arugula leaves (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from the pan, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings in pan. Crumble bacon, and set aside. Add shrimp to drippings in the pan; sauté 5 minutes or until done. Using a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to a large bowl. Add arugula leaves and halved cherry tomatoes to shrimp; toss gently.
- Combine yogurt, vinegar, oil, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle vinegar mixture over shrimp mixture; toss gently to combine. Place 2 1/4 cups salad mixture on each of 4 plates; divide crumbled bacon evenly among salads.
Thanks Elisa Bosley – Cooking Light for this great recipe idea. http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/bacon-arugula-shrimp-salad-10000001646404/