Spiced Bacon Twists
Came across this one and it is even labeled healthy! Bonus – bacon and healthy food.
- Prep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 10 center-cut bacon strips
- Combine the first five ingredients; rub over bacon on both sides. Twist bacon; place on a rack in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until firm; bake longer if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 bacon twists equals 75 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 high-fat meat, 1/2 starch.
Thanks Taste of Home – http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Spiced-Bacon-Twists?keycode=ZFBHC