Simply Potatoes Bacon and Potato Chowder
Fall is coming and those hearty soups are a great dinner idea. Here is one that has a few ingredients, very little work and look yummy… and ready in about 30 minutes.
Bacon Potato Chowder
- 6 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Diced Potatoes with Onions
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup milk
1. Cook bacon in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat until crisp; drain grease. Add carrots. Continue cooking 2 minutes or until crisp tender. Stir in Simply Potatoes and flour.
2. Slowly stir in broth and water. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and starts to thicken. Reduce heat to medium-low, cook 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until potatoes are tender. Stir in milk. Continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated (do not boil). Season with salt and pepper.
Wow… it doesn’t get much easier that this. Thanks Simply Potatoes!