A Real Bacon Cheeseburger
Here you go – stop messing with the bacon on top of the burger… put it right in the burger.
Double 50/50 Burger
½ lb lean ground sirloin (or ground beef of your choice)
½ lb ground bacon
salt and pepper to taste
vegetable oil for grilling
3 toasted hamburger buns or Kaiser rolls
6 slices cheddar cheese
6 slices Jack cheese
1. Place beef and bacon into a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Mix together until fully combined.
2. Form six equal patties and place in the refrigerator between parchment to chill.
3. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and brush the surface with vegetable oil.
4. Place patties onto the grill pan (three at a time) and grill for 5 to 7 minute on each side.
5. About two minutes before the patties are done, place a piece of cheddar and jack cheese over each patty and allow cheese to melt before removing and placing onto a clean surface. Repeat with the remaining patties and cheese.
6. To assemble: Stack two patties onto one another and place on a bun. Add any remaining toppings and condiments of your choice and serve.