Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs with Avocado
Thursday, April 12, 2012 Review by judywrites
Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs with Avocado
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 slices of bacon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 hot dog buns, split and warmed
- 1 Hass avocado, cut into 12 slices
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons spicy salsa
- Pat the hot dogs and bacon dry with paper towels. Wrap each hot dog with a slice of bacon in a spiral; secure the bacon at each end with a toothpick.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil until shimmering. Add the hot dogs and cook over moderate heat, turning, until the bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer the hot dogs to paper towels to drain. Discard the toothpicks.
- Tuck the hot dogs in the buns. Top with the sliced avocado, sour cream and salsa and serve.
Thanks Food & Wine and for more bacon recipes, check out this link – http://www.foodandwine.com/slideshows/bacon/2?xid=DISH041212BaconRecipes