Minneapolis Bacon Takedown: May 11th @ 2pm
We have 2 Free Tickets! Please Contact Us!
Hormel® Black Label® has been in a state of bacon mania for over 100 years, and this year, it’s bringing back the Bacon Takedown Series to Minneapolis to inspire local chefs to compete for bacon glory and display their love for the delectable dish. Recognizing that consumers are using bacon in more and different ways than ever before, Hormel® Black Label® will takes its innovative flavor profiles and smoke combinations and arm amateur chef competitors with 15 pounds of its bacon. Competitors will go belly to belly to show-off their cooking talents and demonstrate what Black Label knows best: they’re serious about bacon.
Tasters will Experience
- Fun in the photobooth with bacon moustaches, pig snouts and the opportunity to turn into a life-sized bacon strip, all made sharable on Facebook!
- Up to 20 delicious and diverse Hormel® Black Label® inspired bacon dishes ranging from classic favorites to wonderfully bizarre.
- Prizes for contestants and randomly selected audience members include cooking-related items and of course, Black Label bacon.
- The event is all-ages and family friendly.
Matt Timms, producer and food competition extraordinaire, will lead the bacon charge for the fourth annual Bacon Takedown series. This is the Takedown’s first trip back to Minneapolis since the inaugural 2010 Series. Top rated bacon dishes from Minnesotans in the last go-round included:
- Brown Butter Cereal Bars with Candied Bacon
- Bacon S’Mores with Cherry Wrapped Bacon
- Curry Sweet Potato Bacon Fritters