Posts Tagged ‘bacon chicken alfredo makeover’
Happy New Year!
Is eating healthier part of your New Year’s resolution? But you don’t want to give up your bacon… well maybe this recipe is the answer.
Somehow it doesn’t seem right, but here it is – a healthy makeover on a Bacon Chicken Alfredo recipe. 87% of the reviewers said they would make it again and it received 4 stars… so give it a try!
- 1 package (16 ounces) whole wheat fettuccine
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook chicken and garlic in butter over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into skillet. Add cream and remaining salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the spinach, chicken, 3/4 cup cheese, Italian seasoning and half of the bacon; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Drain fettuccine; add to chicken mixture. Cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
Just in case you are interested…
1 cup equals 465 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 584 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Thank you Taste of Home – http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Makeover-Bacon-Chicken-Alfredo