Posts Tagged ‘Bacon Sandwich’
Bacon and avocado together – yum! This is a bit different as it can be served as an appetizer. Here is great recipe from the Avocado Commission:
Baguette Croutons (recipe follows)
- 2 ½ each Fresh California Avocados*
- ½ tsp. lemon juice, fresh
- 4 slices crisp cooked bacon, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup micro sprouts or micro greens
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes (recipe follows)
- ¼ cup basil pesto, thin consistency
Baguette Croutons (Yield: 24 each)
- 24 thin slices of 2″ diameter baguette
melted butter, as needed
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes (Yield: 1 batch)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
Lemon Aioli (Yield: 1/2 cup)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp.lemon juice, fresh
- Brush one side of the baguette slices with melted butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees F until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes. Cool.
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes:
- Slice tomatoes in half and toss with olive oil.
- Roast at 400 degrees F until lightly browned, about 15 – 20 minutes. Cool.
- Mix together mayonnaise and fresh lemon juice.
Bacon Avocado and Tomato Club:
- Coarsely mash the avocado and mix it with the fresh lemon juice.
- Top each crouton with 1 Tbsp. of the mashed avocado mixture.
- Top with 2 thin strips of bacon, micro sprouts, lemon aioli and roasted cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle with pesto. Serve immediately.
- Servings of 2 each
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
I came across the recipe and thought it would be a great lunch or casual dinner. I like the unusual ingredients and the recipe got some good reviews.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 slices process Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 8 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, warmed
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Top each chicken breast half with a tomato and cheese slice; cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Combine chutney and mayonnaise; spread over roll bottoms. Layer with spinach, chicken and bacon; replace tops.
Yield: 4 servings.
Thank you Taste of Home.
Bacon Butty – Serves 1
- Heat 1 tbsp. butter in a 10″ skillet over medium heat.
- Add bacon and cook, turning once, until browned and crispy, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread remaining butter on top and bottom of roll.
- Place bacon on bottom half and top with HP Sauce.
- Cover with roll top.
* Back Bacon is bacon cured pork loin, so Canadian (Irish) Bacon is the perfect meat for this sandwich.
** HP Sauce is a UK product. You can use Heinz 57 Steak Sauce as a substitute or if you want to make your own HP sauce, check out this page.