Posts Tagged ‘Cashew and Bacon Rice Cakes’
There’s nothing wrong with energy. Especially on a bike ride, or watching TV. I’ll take 10 please.
Cashew and Bacon Rice Cakes
1. Cook two cups of Calrose or other medium-grain sticky rice.
2. While the rice is cooking, fry eight ounces of bacon till crisp, then wrap in paper towels to remove grease. Crumble bacon.
3. Drain the fat from the pan. Lightly beat three eggs in a small bowl and gently scramble in same pan, over medium heat.
4. In a large bowl, combine cooked rice, bacon, and scrambled eggs. Then add in 1/2 cup cashews, 1/4 c up nut butter, and 1/2 cup raisins. Mix well and press mixture into a 9-inch-square pan to about 1.5-inch thickness.
5. Cool thoroughly in fridge, then cut into ten individual cakes and wrap in parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy carrying on a ride.
Nutrition per serving (1 cake): 286 calories, 14 g fat, 246 mg sodium, 31 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein