Posts Tagged ‘Taste of Home Bacon Potato Waffles’
Bacon Potato Waffles
- 6 Servings
- Prep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Maple syrup or chunky applesauce
- Additional crumbled cooked bacon, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, mashed potatoes, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in onion and bacon.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with syrup or applesauce. Sprinkle with additional bacon if desired. Yield: 12 waffles.
Nutrition Facts: 2 waffles (calculated without syrup and bacon) equals 318 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 614 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
This recipe received two votes and good reviews – nice and fluffy….Thank you Taste of Home for this contribution to International Bacon Day!